Event Postponement due to COV-19

Dear Saltire Runners,

First of all, a big THANK YOU to all of you for having entered the Saltire 24 (or Solstice 24 before its name change) and for backing this new venture among all those races on the busy Aberdeenshire events calendar!

As organisers we have been monitoring the developments around the Coronavirus pandemic very closely. Our concern goes beyond our family and neighbourhood: it includes you as participants, your pit crew, your family and all our staff & volunteers and their families too. Even though the first Saltire 24 was never going to be an over-500-participants event, we might well cross that threshold in the number of people present in total. In the light of the latest news and the Scottish government’s guidance from Sunday, we feel that we have to postpone the event to ensure better circumstances to look after the health and wellbeing of everyone involved.

You have three options:

1. Transfer to the new date of 12-13 September 2020

2. Donate your entry fee to our charity partner Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland (in the history of the charity there has never been a greater need for their services).

3. Receive a refund less booking fee. This will be made back to the credit/debit card you made the original entry with within three weeks of the deadline below (if you entered more than 6 months ago, we might need your bank details to make a manual transfer into your account).

If you would like to transfer to the 12-13 September, then you need do nothing – your entry will be automatically moved across.

If you are unable to make the new date and would like to donate your entry fee or receive a partial refund, then please go to Edit My Entry, click EDIT next to the event and then make your selection from the OPTION drop down list.  

You then need to click NEXT at the bottom of the page, tick the disclaimers again and SAVE ENTRY. If someone else made your entry, then they will need to edit your entry to make this selection.

Please make your selection by the end of Thursday 26th March.

We apologise for any inconvenience our decision causes, in particular for all those people who are keen to run their first 12- or 24-hour event! But we hope that this postponement allows enough time for all of us to get a better understanding of the situation, to help those around us in need (elderly parents etc.) when they’re most likely to need us, and, on a more light-hearted note, to get an extra amount of training done!

Wishing you all good health,

The Firetrail team

lost loch spirits
Knockburn sports loch
Firetrail events
CHSS logo
Firetrail logo

© Firetrail Ltd 2019

 Company No. SC594765

VAT No. 338 0906 95